Recipes

Friday, June 15, 2012

Wild Kratts Birthday Party

This year for RJ's birthday we went with a Wild Kratts theme.  Both of my boys are in love with this show and being all about animals I figured it would be pretty easy to pull off.  

There really aren't a lot of Wild Kratts things on the internet so I created his invitation using Picture Collage Maker on my Mac.


I also used the Picture Collage Maker to make water bottle labels.  I thought they were so cute, especially with the nutritional information and the bar code.



I made each child a creature power suit to wear during the party.  They were easy and inexpensive to make.  I purchased black t-shirts (approx $3.50 each) from Hobby Lobby and cut off the sleeves.  I also made cut outs from blue and green felt (4 sheets for $1) that I also purchased at Hobby Lobby.  I attached the cut outs to the shirts with a hot glue gun.  I wasn't sure if they would stay on, but they did, even after washing them.  




The kids had 4 games to play during the party in order to get their creature power disks.  I was able to find a jpg of power disks on the web.  I laminated them and gave a pack to each child after the party was over.  I also gave the kids a gift bag filled with pencils, whistles, and other animal give-aways I found at Target and the Dollar Tree.   Each child also received a book about animals that I found in the dollar section of Target.   




The first game was a fishing game.  The kids really enjoyed it.  I filled a tote with water and rubber fish with a paper clip attached.  I also made fishing poles with string and a magnet.



We also earned our kangaroo patch by jumping in the trampoline filled with balloons.



The final two games were Cheetah Chase and Bug Hunt.  For the Cheetah Chase, each child had a cheetah tail and they all chased each other pulling the tail off their friend.  We hid lots of bugs all over the yard and let the kids find them.


I went the simple route with the cake.  I made devil's food cupcakes and covered them in blue and green icing.



I also tried to put out lots of decorations for the kiddos to enjoy.




The kids all had a great time.  This was an easy theme to pull off.  RJ really had a great time.   Both he and MJ still wear their power suits around the house!!



Renee

4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I hate we missed it! Happy Belated Birthday, RJ!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wild Kratts theme is so much fun! I'm wondering...will you make the water bottle labels available to us? Thanks for considering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing the wild kratts theme for my son this year and I"m trying to create water bottle labels as well. Please send a link for specific directions. I have a mac as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so creative! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete