Recipes

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Honey Cornbread Muffins

My family loves cornbread and I make it for them quite often.  I just pull out my box of Jiffy and tada, cornbread!!


One day I was surfing Pinterest and I ran across this great looking recipe for honey cornbread muffins on Relativetaste.  I know so many people who make their cornbread from scratch so I figured I give it a try.  


I was pleasantly surprised, not only were they easy to make, but they tasted great also.  The recipe called for paper liners, but I didn't use liners.  I just sprayed my muffin tin with Baker's Joy and that worked out fine.  


I told Hubby that this recipe was good enough for me to stop using my Jiffy and he said "I hope so".  So I guess he liked them too.  :-)

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup yellow cornmeal
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 stick butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup honey

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  In a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.  In another bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, butter and honey.  Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and stir until just mixed.  Place muffin paper liners in a 12-cup muffin tin.  Evenly divide the cornbread mixture into the papers.  Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.  


Renee

2 comments:

  1. I may have to try these, gonna pin it to my Pinterest board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do and let me know what you think of them.

      Delete