Recipes

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Gamer Party

Wow, time is really flying by, RJ just turned 10!!  For such a big birthday we decided to have a Game Truck party and invite 20 of his closest buds.  As I was agreeing to do this party I wondered if I should have my head examined. Twenty 10 year olds running around my house!  Hubby convinced me that it would be ok (that I would be ok) and that the boys would spend most of the time on the truck.  


After carefully thinking it over, I agreed and we had the truck for 2 hours and left 30 minutes extra for pizza and cake.  I could definitely do 2 & 1/2 hours.


I enlisted the help of MJ to make these game controllers.  I think they look pretty awesome and he was proud of his work. 


Each boy was given a VIP badge with their name on it to wear during the party.  I ordered the badges,  the gamer Ryan sign,  and a few other things from an Easy shop called lulucole.


 I had to come up with snacks and treats to go with the gamer theme.  RJ wanted to have all the games he likes represented.  Personally, my favorite were the cheese ninjas.  They looked like real ninjas and were the easiest snack to make.  I pulled the cheese apart and used an edible marker to make the eyes. 


The boys loved the chocolate Mario mustaches.  The biggest mistake I made was not making more of them.  I was afraid a fight was going to break out when the last one was taken. 


I also made royal iced game controller cookies, Minecraft rice Krispy dirt blocks and piranha fruit made from strawberries and grapes.  


The Nintendo Switch cake was the most challenging thing I made.  This was my first time ever using fondant and I was very nervous.  Thanks to a lot of advice from my friend, Erica, and tons of online videos, I was able to get the cake done.  


I was very pleased with the way the cake turned out.  It looked good and tasted even better!







I gave each boy a test tube filled with bubble gum for their take home party favor.  
I ordered the test tubes from Amazon and the labels came from lulucole.


After all was said and done, the party was a huge success.  RJ and his friends had a wonderful time and I survived :-).  

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment