Recipes

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Strawberry Iced Tea

 Strawberry Iced tea is a great drink for those long hot summer days.  Just about every week it seems like I am in Costco buying fruit for my guys and strawberries are always on the list.   


My hubby loves drinks that have chunks of real fruit in them so my Strawberry Iced tea was great for him.  I also served this at a recent get together and all my guests loved it.  


The tea is easy to prepare.  Here are the directions and ingredients to make about 2 quarts.

Ingredients:
2 & 1/2 - 3 cups strawberries (I've used both fresh and frozen)
4 tea bags - I used regular iced tea, but I'm sure which ever flavor you like would be great
1 cup of sugar - add more or less depending on your desired sweetness
Juice of one whole lemon

Directions:
Bring about 1 & 1/2 quarts of water to a boil.  
After water has come to a boil, pour it into container and steep tea bags for about 5-7 minutes.  
While tea bags are steeping blend strawberries in blender until smooth.  If you use frozen strawberries, pour in some of the hot tea to help the strawberries defrost.  
Dissolve the sugar in the hot tea.  Then add lemon juice and strawberries to container, stir well and refrigerate.  


The tea is on the thicker side (not as thick as a smoothie) but I like it that way.  It reminds me of an Orange Julius.  If you prefer it more like traditional tea, then you can strain the strawberry mixture before you add it to the tea.  

This will definitely be a drink we make all summer.  Hubby liked it so much he has learned how to make it himself!!!!



Renee

1 comment:

  1. This is really good! I made it with mixed frozen berries (raspberries, blackberries and blueberries) with some fresh strawberries. Would strain in future to avoid all the seeds but really good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete