Recipes

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sweet and sour chicken

As you all know I love Asian food.  I am especially happy when I can find a quick and delicious recipe that I can make at home.  I found a wonderful recipe for sweet and sour chicken and fried rice on Life as a Lofthouse.  
This is a super delicious recipe and it is very easy to prepare.  My guys love it and I've made it several times already.

Start by cutting the boneless chicken breasts into chunks. 


Season with salt and pepper.


Dip the chicken in cornstarch and then in egg. Fry in oil until brown but not thoroughly cooked. Place in a single layer in a baking dish. 


Mix the sauce ingredients together then pour over chicken.

Bake for about one hour at 325 degrees. Turn chicken every 15 minutes so it is evenly coated with the sauce. 

Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok.  Add the peas/carrots mix, onion and garlic. Stir fry until tender.

 

Lower the heat to medium low and push the mixture off to one side, then pour your eggs on the other side of skillet and stir fry until scrambled.


Add the rice and soy sauce and blend all together well. 


*Serves 4-6
Chicken:
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil
Sauce:
¾ cup sugar
4 tablespoons ketchup
½ cup vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt

Fried Rice:                                                                                            
3 cups cooked rice (I've used both white and brown rice)
3 tbs sesame oil
1 cup frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
1 small onion, chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup soy sauce


YUMMY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Dinner looks delicious! I have some chicken breast in the freezer. I think we'll have this for dinner tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brandi, I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!

    ReplyDelete