Recipes

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Crayola Art project

I've seen this art project all over the web lately so I decided to make one of my own.  It is really simple and inexpensive.

The only supplies you need are a 64 box of crayons, canvas, hot glue gun and a blow dryer.


Glue all of the crayons to the canvas.  Group all of the like colors together and take out the black and brown color in order to keep the colors bright.






After I glued all the crayons onto the canvas, I let it dry completely before using the blowdryer.

Blow high heat on the crayons until you get the amount of melted crayon wax on the canvas that you like.  I found it better to blow the heat directly on the paper portion of the crayon and not the tip of the crayon in order to keep the wax from blowing in different directions.

Here is the finished product.  I think it really looks nice.  My intention was to hang it in the kids playroom, but it is so bright and colorful I hung it in my kitchen.  Not sure if I will keep it there, but I will leave it there for now because it looks great against the grey kitchen walls.


2 comments:

  1. I saw this on Pinterest too - so glad to see that you were able to do it! I am inspired now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee! Thanks so much for joining me on Pinterest, which led me to your blog. I love all of your wonderful crafts and recipes. Your crayon art work turned out really nice. I love your apple drink too. My husband loves apple jolly ranchers, so I'm sure he would enjoy your drink. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter weekend. Looking forward to reading your future posts!

    ReplyDelete