Recipes

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Watermelon Cooler

I made an adaptation of Martha Stewart's Watermelon Cucumber Cooler.  I just call it a "Watermelon Cooler" since I was out of cucumbers and wasn't able to use them.




Hubby and I enjoyed them after dinner last night.  He said it was light and fresh.
I am a huge fan of cucumbers so I can't wait to try it again with the cucumbers.





Ingredients

            5 cups cubed seedless watermelon (about 1 & 1/2 pounds)
            1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
            2 tablespoons honey
            2/3 cup vodka
            Ice
            Lime slices, for garnish

Directions

Set a large fine-mesh sieve over a large bowl or pitcher. In a food processor or blender, puree watermelon. Pour watermelon puree through sieve, pressing on solids with a rubber spatula (you should have about 2 cups juice).
In a small bowl or measuring cup, stir together lime juice and honey. Add to watermelon and vodka. Adjust sweetness with more honey if desired. To serve, fill four glasses with ice and top each with cocktail. Garnish with lime slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment