Recipes

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Soft Salmon Tacos

My husband and I are in need of lots of veggies and healthy meals after all of our fun in New Orleans for Mardi Gras.  As everyone knows the food there is WONDERFUL, but it is definitely not how we eat on a regular basis.   On one of my endless searches of Pinterest I ran across a great salmon recipe on the Trainer Momma blog that I knew I had to try.  
Fortunately for us I had salmon in the freezer (I go to Costco at least once a month and stock up on meat and fish to put in the deep freezer).
I am not normally a huge salmon fan, but this recipe was a huge hit with my entire family. My 10 year old who is the pickiest kid ever even enjoyed it.

It was very easy to prepare.  After you make the black bean salsa and put it in the fridge to chill, then preparing the salmon is a breeze.  If you are like me and looking for quick, tasty and healthy meals to prepare for your family this one is for you.  Especially with summer quickly approaching, I am looking for meals on the lighter side. 
 I made one version with avocados and one without since I am the only person in my house who likes them :-)

Salmon Soft Tacos 
2 Tb extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tb chile powder
1 Tb fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
4 4-ounce wild salmon fillets, about 1-inch thick,
8 corn tortillas
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix oil, chile powder, lime juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl.  Rub it liberally all over the salmon.  Bake in oven uncovered for 15-20 minutes until salmon is flaky**.
Remove from oven and slice each fillet in half horizontally.  Serve on a corn tortillas with 1/2 cup of Black Bean Salsa.
    Makes 8 tacos.  158 calories per taco (no salsa).  231 calories with salsa
    The Trainer Momma blog has lots of great recipes and I will definitely go back for more.  


    No comments:

    Post a Comment