Recipes

Monday, February 27, 2012

Triple Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake

My 10 year old and I are chocoholics, but my husband prefers pastry type of desserts.  Since this week we will be celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary I decided to bake something that he may really enjoy.  I have become truly addicted to Pinterest because of all the great ideas I can find there.  One of my favorite finds is Sweetapolita.  There you can find the most delicious looking desserts.  I decided to make their Triple Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake.


When I found this recipe, I knew it would be perfect for my husband.  It reminded me of a lemon meringue pie with blueberries, two of his favorite things.

Sweetapolita -Triple Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake
The cake was absolutely wonderful.  There several different steps involved in making the cake, but it was well worth it.  This link will take you directly to Sweetapolita's recipe on their blog.  

My cake


I was definitely intimidated by the icing part of this cake (since I am not very good at that part), but I did the best I could.

I am a little embarrassed to put up pictures of my cake because I definitely did not do a great job with the icing.  I put up pictures to show the average baker (like me) that you can still make a delicious cake   even if it isn't the most beautiful :-)


4 comments:

  1. The cake looks yummy, I love anything sweet :) New follower from MBC, look forward to your future posts! You can find me at
    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/
    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support. I will be checking out and following you also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Renee. I love love love lemon anything! Especially cakes. I will have to try this soon!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mackie. The cake is DELICIOUS!!! I made it on Sunday and it is already gone. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete