Recipes

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Chalkboard containers

I always feel like I need to organize.  Not only does organization help my house stay clutter free, but also my mind.  
  One cute idea I had was to do the chalkboard labels on my containers.  I've seen so many containers in the store with the chalkboard label on them, but most have been glass.  Since my guys will be using these containers also, I wanted to get plastic to help avoid them breaking.


I purchased these containers from Garden Ridge.  They were large enough for the huge amounts of sugar and flour I keep in stock.  


I also purchased chalkboard paint from Hobby Lobby.  


I used painters tape to measure out the area I wanted the label to be.


Then I painted on two coats of paint on each container.  


After a 24 hour drying time the labels were ready to use.


Not sure if they really help Hubby and the boys, but they do make my pantry look nicer :-)


My next project is to completely organize my pantry.  I am very fortunate to have a huge pantry, but it surely needs better organization.  


I'll keep you posted.


Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment