Recipes

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bubble Bread

Hubby has always reminisced longingly about the "Bubble bread" his mom used to make for him.  It was not something I grew up with in New Orleans so I was not familiar with the recipe, but after 13 years of marriage I finally decided to make one for him.
I searched the Internet for a recipe and found that it is more commonly called Monkey bread and lots of people make this.  Fortunately, most of the recipes were all pretty much the same so I put together a few and came up with this.

Ingredients
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cans refrigerated biscuits
1/2 cup chopped pecans 
1/2 cup raisins 
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter melted

Open the biscuits and cut each into quarters.  (2 cans biscuits cut into quarters = 16 x 4= 64 biscuit pieces)



Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon in Ziploc bag.  Shake each biscuit piece in bag and coat with sugar and cinnamon.


Arrange biscuit pieces in a greased bundt pan.  I love Baker's Joy, it is the quick, clean, lazy way to grease a pan :-).  Alternate pecans and raisins between the layers of biscuits.


In a small bowl, mix melted butter, vanilla and brown sugar.


After all the biscuits have been placed in bundt pan, pour the sugar, butter, vanilla mixture over biscuits.



Bake about 35 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in the center.  Cool for about 10 minutes then turn upside down.


This was really great.  My boys and I had it for breakfast and almost ate it all in one sitting.  Now I know why Hubby has raved about this all these years.  I will definitely make Bubble bread for him more often.



No comments:

Post a Comment