Recipes

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Life On The Go With NOLA Girl!!

Well, after much debate and soul searching I've decided to go back to the original name of my blog, Life On The Go With NOLA Girl.  I began blogging in 2010, but a full time job,  2 young kids and a husband, didn't leave much time for blogging.
Now, I have been blessed with the opportunity to give up my pharmacy career (at least temporarily) and focus on my family.  This badly needed break has allowed me time to spend doing my favorite hobbies and blogging about them.
When I decided to give blogging another try, I wanted to start fresh, which to me meant changing the blog name.  I chose 'To Thine Own Self Be True' in honor of my grandmother.  She implanted in me my love of cooking, sewing, books and all things crafty so I wanted to honor her in the title.
After being up and running for over a month, other than the connection to my grandma, I haven't felt a real connection with the title.  I definitely want to honor my grandmother, but the title never really felt right to me.  'To Thine Own Self Be True' was something she would always tell me and I've always tried hard to be true to who I am, and that is a quirky New Orleans girl.
As I stated in an early post, I bleed Black and Gold!!  I love my city, all the good (and even bad).  I LOVE my Saints and I LOVE my family.  Even though I moved away from New Orleans almost 15 years ago, New Orleans is still a HUGE part of who I am.  My entire extended family is there and every chance I get,  I go home.  Hubby and I have even discussed moving back one day.
So to be 'true to myself' from here on, the blog will go back to it's roots and be known as
Life on The Go With NOLA Girl!!  


Renee



No comments:

Post a Comment