Recipes

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Who doesn't love cookies and brownies??

The last dessert I made was for Hubby, so now it was MJ's turn.  He is definitely his mother's child.  We both live for chocolate.  I showed him a bunch of desserts to choose from and he picked the one I was dying to make, the chocolate chip-Oreo-brownie treat.



I found this sinfully delicious recipe on Kevin & Amanda's blog, Kevin and Amanda's Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n’ Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar.


Oh my goodness, this is the picture that I showed MJ!!!!  Now you see why he wanted me to make it.

The first layer of this scrumptious dessert is a chocolate chip cookie.  I used Nestle's Toll house milk chocolate chip recipe.  I also love pecans, so I added pecans to my chocolate chip cookie.



The next layer is Oreos.  Kevin & Amanda used double stuffed Oreos, but I used regular stuffed only because the store didn't have double stuff :-(


The third and final layer is a brownie.  I made my favorite,  Ghiardelli Double chocolate brownie, and of course I added pecans :-)


I baked it for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees.


This was so delicious!!! I can't even explain how good this was.  It is a combination of my favorite things, chocolate chip cookies, Oreos, brownies and my extra addition of pecans.


There was nothing healthy about this, but I can promise you it was GOOD!!!!  We topped it off with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge, Yummy.

Thanks so much Kevin & Amanda.  MJ & I are so happy you posted this little slice of heaven on your blog.


Renee

2 comments:

  1. Renee I pinned this one too. I am a sucker for sweets and desserts don't have a chance in my house!!! I am trying to lose this baby weight s o I cant make it right now but I will definitely try it soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mackie, I do understand. According to my hips and belly there is no way I should be making any of these things. Fortunately, I had folks over that day and gave away most of it. You should give it a try on a special occasion, it was to die for.

    ReplyDelete