Recipes

Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Candy Jars

Here is another spring craft idea that I saw on Pinterest.  We always have glass jars in our house and I try to keep many of them for crafts.  When I saw them being made into candy jars I thought that would be a great idea.  My boys love to have candy in the house, and with Easter right around the corner, I knew that this would be my next project.  

I used 2 different size jars (olives and strawberry jelly) and 2 candle holders I purchased at Garden Ridge for $6 ($3 each).  Next time I will use 2 very different sized jars so the size difference is a little more obvious.  Since orange is my favorite color, I decided to paint them orange.  



I took the candle holders outside to paint them.  I really should have primed them first since the candle holders were a dark grey color.


I placed the candle holders on an old can and an old bottle in order to paint the bottoms and to keep them from sticking to the paper.


I ended up using the entire can of spray paint because the original color was so dark.  Lesson learned, next time I will definitely prime.



Once the paint was completely dry, I super-glued the mason jar to the candle holder.  Then I filled them with Easter jelly beans.



These are great jars.  I think I will make some for every season.

No comments:

Post a Comment